Thursday 9 October 2014

Zastie Interest : Stopmotion

Hello bootleg lovers I want to share something that always come in my mind when I saw gunpla, stopmotion. I love to watch stopmotion there are some good gunpla stop motion animator I know on youtube, there are counter 656, Raven Flau, and so on.

I also search about how to make stop motion. In essentials, I know how to do it. It’s just the same as making any animation, frame by frame. I did make a stickman animation when I was in the 4th grade. I drew the stickman on a small notebook. It’s very simple, just a walking animation, and some other doodles. And I like it.

So I tried to make stopmotion for my gunpla. I already watched some tutorials on youtube and I tried to do it. I used my AGE1 Normal HG because it is solid and has very good articulation. First I make the concept, what pose I want to make. I just tried to make a very simple motion, because it’s just to try out if the tools work. I used my phone camera to take the pictures. It’s only 3.2 mp, yes, a bad camera. But it’s enough I think. I give a white paper as a background. And this was what I do.




I move the arms little by little. I don’t know how many frames I need to make a smooth animation. Make the hand moving to take the beam saber handle.












And TARAAA!!. Yeah, it looks weird. I should use bent beam saber to make it natural. I also a lil bit confused how to move the hand to make it natural.

But I get problems. I did not use tripod so sometimes when I pressed the button in the camera, the camera shook. So some pictures have slightly different angle. Not only the angle but also the saturation and the brightness. I think some other stop motion animator also got the problems but they still can make good animation. So I don’t really care about it. But the thing is, there is something shook beside the camera, the gunpla itself. I get this problem when I want to move the arms or any parts, the legs always moved too, so the position is different with the previous frame. And that’s really a problem. When the position already moved, I cannot place it back to the original position. With that, everything ruined.

So I look for some solutions on the internet and I found some. Some animator give a kind of blutack one the ground where the object placed so the object won’t move easily. I think this is the best solution. I don’t know how to use it, because I imagined that the blutack might give different height on each leg. I haven’t tried it yet, though.

So yeah, I’ll try to learn it but I’ll focus on reviewing the gunpla for now. But yes, maybe after I finished the review, I’ll do the stopmotion with my gunpla. So that’s it guys, see you in the next post. Feel free to comment. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment